a quick recipe for butternut squash soup that is sure to delight.
this recipe is from my mom and it's delicious.
made it this past weekend to bring to a 'fall themed pot-luck' with nursing girlfriends
it was a hit- mmm yum.
1 yellow onion
1 large butternut squash
1 box vegetable broth
1/4 cup olive oil + butter
3 chopped garlic cloves
(cream, parmesan, and croutons- optional, but great adds)
salt and pepper to taste
1. microwave the squash for 5-7 minutes
2. peel squash and cut in half
3. microwave squash again for 3-5 minutes or until soft
4. sautee onion, garlic, butter, olive oil, and thyme until onions are clear and slightly browned
5. remove the seeds and cube butternut squash
6. add squash and vegetable broth to sautéed onions
7. cook on low heat for 40 minutes
8. blend soup or add a dash of cream if desired
9. serve with parmesan and homemade croutons for the best bowl of soup ever